In the Port of Hamburg, thousands of containers are waiting to be processed and billed quickly and efficiently. IT plays a central role in ensuring smooth digital invoicing procedures. Modern software that automates invoicing processes, collects and processes invoicing data for each individual container and transmits it electronically to customers ensures efficient invoicing in container handling. Hamburger Hafen und Logistik AG (HHLA) uses a billing interface created in ABAP, based on SAP SD, which was developed internally in collaboration with Lufthansa Industry Solutions (LHIND).
Services LHIND provides HHLA at a glance:
- Set-up and management of an agile project using Scrum Master
- Development of an interface to the N4 port control system using SAP ABAP, so as to prepare the accounting data for SAP SD
- Customization of the SAP SD standard module
- Setting up the invoicing processes in SAP SD
- Settings for archiving the billing data
- Creation of the billing forms using Adobe Forms
- Support in ongoing day-to-day business and strategic partnership after implementation
Hamburger Hafen und Logistik AG (HHLA) is a leading European port and transport logistics group. Its core business activities comprise both container handling in seaports and container transport between ports, the rest of Germany and mainland Europe. Moreover, HHLA offers a wide range of port, consultancy and other services. As real estate specialists, the members of the HHLA team are experts in the development of attractive office, commercial and logistics properties in Hamburg.
More than 6,300 employees work for HHLA and its subsidiaries, both at home in Germany and abroad. In collaboration with their customers, they develop logistics and digital hubs along the transport flows of the future using innovative technology and sustainable solutions.