19. März 2019
Miami, FL (United States of America)
The Business Analytics Consultant provides consulting to our clients in the course of the digital transformation from the information platform strategy to its implementation. The Consultant provides support to, and may provide management of, corresponding Big Data projects.
The Business Analytics Consultant translates business questions into analytics applications. The Consultant bridges the gap between the business and technical teams: acts as an analytics product owner translating business needs into analytics projects and actions
Additionally, the Consultant will:
- Follow company standards and processes.
- Create and maintain role-based project deliverables that reflect high quality.
- Use exceptional communication skills while consulting with client and when working as part of a matrixed-based global team.
- Apply flexibility, initiative and know-how to support and/or manage the project for overall project success.
- Collaborates with one or more business partners to understand their problems and goals, develop operational analysis, statistical analysis, data reports and performance metrics.
- Consults with clients to identify opportunities to implement Analytic solutions to business problems.
- Understands and recommends analytic approaches to operational challenges.
- Identify, validate and prioritize business use cases.
- Consults on the creation of and/or leads development of analytic solutions that effectively weigh business and technical tradeoffs using understanding of business strategy as well as relevant big data environment topics.
- Conduct ad hoc data analysis and data visualization.
- Demonstrates familiarity with most areas of mathematical analysis methods, statistical analyses, and predictive and descriptive modeling and in-depth specialization in some areas.
- Demonstrates familiarity with data engineering concepts.
- Define and implement road maps for analytics use cases.
- Ensure data analytics applications are operationalized and deliver business value.
- Extract meaningful insights from data and recommend actions.
- Provide Data Storytelling to executives and senior leaders.
- Works with manager and members of multiple teams.
All other duties as assigned or required
- Travel is required, including international travel.
**Additional working hours above 40 and/or on normal “off hours” may be required due to working as part of a global team, and during peak workloads.
- High school certificate, a level/ Abitur or equivalent required.
- Vocational training or on the job experience as a big data engineer; training and usage of applicable tools and technologies (see Computer Skills).
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Master’s degree desirable.
- Bachelor degree in a quantitative field or an equivalent combination of formal education and experience.
- Master’s degree in a quantitative field strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ business experience with minimum 2 years’ experience as Business Analytics Consultant or similar position as part of Big Data team conducting operational analysis.
- Fluent English required.
- German desirable.
- Aviation, Maritime, Road and Rail, Medical or other industry knowledge is desirable.
- Computer skills as an expert.
- Good knowledge in data analytics methods and tools.
- Solid understanding of general business models, concepts and strategies.
- Strong knowledge of advanced analytics tools and languages to analyze large data sets from multiple data sources.
- Experienced in ideation methods.
- Demonstrated strong ability to communicate technical concepts and implications to business partners, and to communicate business problems and goals on a technical level to project team.
- Experience with SQL highly desired.
- Capability to think strategically on a broad range of internal and external factors when identifying problems, proposing solutions, and making decisions.
- Self-motivated and proactive problem-solver.
- High personal interest and commitment to the continuous development of knowledge in the field of new technologies.
- Ability to think ahead and prepare for technological change.
- Ability to plan, structure and present complex work processes; quick comprehension, objective and confident judgment.
- Excellent Analytical skills.
- Strong Business sense.
- Excellent Cost consciousness.
- Excellent detail oriented.
- Strong Innovation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent understanding of mathematical concepts.
- Excellent Problem Solving.
- Good project management.
- Strong quality consciousness.
- Strong productivity driven.
- Strong reasoning ability.
- Good safety and security.
- Strong strategic thinking.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong ability to work under pressure.
- Strong adaptability.
- Strong assimilation.
- Strong change management.
- Excellent conceptual thinking/Procedure
- Good conflict skills management.
- Excellent customer orientation.
- Good customer service.
- Excellent commitment.
- Good corporate awareness.
- Good delegation.
- Strong flexibility.
- Strong independence.
- Excellent initiative.
- Strong intercultural awareness.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong judgment.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Strong professionalism.
- Excellent reliability.
- Strong responsibility.
- Strong teamwork.
- Must possess permit to work in the U.S.
- Willingness for assessment screening.
- Willingness to travel.
- In accordance with rules and regulations, and given authorities.
*Cover letter required.
*Company will not provide relocation assistance